The Northwild: Manifest Destiny
Active Quests and Threats
- We conducted an improvised kidnapping operation on Camarata’s factory, bringing her to Caer Greenwold for interrogation. (Session 29: Camarata Dentata)
- The demon powering the golems remains a threat (trapped in the factory)
- The factions wanting her golems remain a threat (Bleeding Blade Orcs, Khal Tharm Dwarves, a southern lord, Red Hand Hobgoblins)
- Wherefore Captain Vyentuk??
The Crawling Throne
- We have done some recon on the Throne and found signs of its path of destruction. (Session 23: Stuck In a Rut)
- We discovered information that indicates the Throne is seeking a miles-wide mass grave near Bael Turath. If they get it, the world might end. (Session 30: Take a look, it’s in a book: a fire demon)
- The Crusaders of Lathander, lead by Grand High Crusader General of the Light: Rosaret were last scene with an encampment near Bael Turath. They want Sir Renfro badly.
- The dwarves want MacDougal Wyth arrested for terrorism.
- King Cogmunn Emberhorn II wants to unseal the third level of the Thaig and restart the war to retake the lower levels
- A clan of Giants (of mixed ancestry! Unheard of!) occupy a volcanic mountain not too far from Bael Turath. They are blocking east west trade along a major road for friendly cities and merchants.
- We have a truce with the Eastern Fortress hobgoblins
- West and East Fortress of Red Hand are “competitive”
- East Fortress Commander wouldn’t be upset with new leadership in charge of Western Fortress
- Western Fortress used to be a human kingdom’s castle: its population was enslaved by Western Fortress Red Hand.
- Eastern Fortress is looking for a “potion that ages something 500-1000 years”
- HQ for Red Hand far North West.
- Eastern fortress still up and running, though a massive force has settled the territory formerly held by the Talon’s of Verthrax – DECEASED
Northern Cold War
- There are xenophobic elves to the north
- highlander skinwalkers are doing bad things like killing Dryads
- Goblins playing interplaner politics with demons
- A group of arcane women (proper witches?) seems to be in the highlands.
- Mindflayers that rode down in a comet still somewhere out there (though it seems one is trapped under Khal Tharum. For good?)
- Ancient relatives of Caer Greenwold’s Tabitha Khemstoc continue to influence her policies. Worth noting, they are sort-of-immortal blood mages.
- Mother Shuzja – A hag from the plane of dread (Ravenloft) slipped into our world
- Khar’Ghul the Vile is now a lich who can summon the plane of dread. Unknown whether or not he stayed there or is still here.
- Hearth on the Heath is now a hallowed cemetery where the undead cannot rise.
Random Rumors and Leads
- A drow working with a half dozen goblins was slain in the ruins of Caladon’s temple. A Drow!? Working with Goblins!? Me thinks things most strange doth foot themselves!
- An old fairy tale tells of Dogs that crawled up from Hell, living north in the Bloodmoors.
Leads put to bed:
- Mayor Bracken has a tail (FALSE)
- the mayor wants to build a dock or ‘find’ one, which is ridiculous. Even though we found one.
- “Your Mysteriousness” Layoreil’s apprentice, Tyrell, was found in 8.9.
- pill box in 8.9 has a weird magic barrier in it. Also a room full of flames and angry skeletons screaming (regiments of a old general who went crazy and was burned to death by his own troops).
- haunted magic tomb where Queen Penothra was buried is in 4.10. It’s got a rich, and ghosts and it’s real hairy….: look for replica elven rune stones to navigate towards it
- animals are going crazy! A ‘defiler’ was defiling the giant tree in 5.10. We killed him.
- Ghostly lady sighted by the lake Turned out to be a ghost. We convinced her she was dead and she faded away….
- muthafuckin’ Hydra in 8.8 is now dead. It died like a pig.
- Of late, many folk report having vivid, personal nightmares. Probably related to that mutated Dreamweaver spider, which is dead (good).
- shooting star has crashed down in 6.5-8.5 region Was the “vessel” for several mindflayers
- dick pickles sighted in the northwest
- there’s a “swamp yeti” in 10.9? Just mudmen. They can be destroyed, with some nuisance.
- Plesiosaur lives in the southern end of the lake